An assessment centre is a multi-method, multi-rater process of assessing candidates against job-related capabilities. Candidates are observed and evaluated by multiple assessors in simulated work environments.
“Carefully designed assessment centres are superior to other forms of predicting performance ratings”. (Hunter & Hunter, 1984.)
At PBC, we safeguard strong predictive validity and a positive candidate experience by ensuring that that centre is well designed and professionally run. In particular, we provide:
- High-quality assessment activities which are job and competency relevant
- Assessors with extensive skills and experience
- Detailed assessor training
- Candidates are given the opportunity to demonstrate their competencies across a number of different situations
- Accessibility and comfort for participants
Assessment centres are used to support robust selection processes in multiple industries, for differing job types and across both the Private and Public sectors. A similar model can be used for development centres.
At PBC, we customise our assessments centres to meet the needs of the role and/or capability requirements.
Assessment centres can include the following components:
- Group exercises
- Written analytical tasks
- Role plays
- Structured behaviour interviewing
- Structured capability interviewing
- Biographical interviews
- Cognitive ability assessments
- Intray/in-basket tasks
- Workplace simulations/work sample measures