The Inside of Personality
The Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) describes personality from the inside – the core goals, values, drivers, and interests that determine what we desire and strive to attain. By assessing values, you can understand what motivates candidates to succeed, and in what type of position, job, and environment they will be the most productive.
What it Measures
The MVPI measures 10 dimensions to reveal a person’s core values. These values are aesthetics, affiliation, altruism, commerce, hedonism, power, recognition, science, security and tradition.
The MVPI identifies what the person wants to do rather than what they may do in certain situations.
How to Use The Results
- Assessing Person-Environment Fit – the MVPI examines how well an individual fits within your organisation’s culture (people are happiest working in environments that are compatible with their core values).
- Team Development – the MVPI evaluates the compatibility of staff members based on their motives (everyone needs to strive towards the same goal).
- Career Planning – the MVPI assists people in formulating strategies for their careers by clarifying the areas of interest they should pursue.
- Identifies core values and emphasises workplace applications
- Powerful in building teams and understanding differences
- Assesses the fit between the person’s values and the organisation’s culture
- An exceptional tool for employee coaching and development
- Does not include any invasive, intrusive or disability-related items
- Based on motivational constructs from 80 years of research
- Australian or Global norms available
Click here to download a one-page fact sheet on the MVPI
Click here to download an MVPI overview guide
Click here to download an MVPI Graphic Report Sample
Click here to download an MVPI Data Report Sample