“It’s become clear that the strongest influence of an individual’s engagement is his or her direct boss,” says Dr. Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, CEO of Hogan Assessments. “Engagement drives performance, and leadership drives engagement. Great leaders engage their followers, and harness their energy to maximize their performance.”
It is vital that individual managers understand the impact their behaviour has on their team.
While the overall strategy to drive employee engagement may vary by organisation, the discussion must always begin and end with leadership.
PBC has a number of diagnostic solutions to measure a leader’s performance, increase their self-awareness, and to assist leaders to foster an engaged team.
- The Hogan Leadership Forecast Series which uses Hogan personality assessments to provide unique insight into the leader’s capability, leadership potential and leadership style. These reports provide the leader with targeted development tips to support improvements in leadership capability
- The Hogan 360 supports leaders understand how they are perceived by significant stakeholders within their team and organisation. This tool provides raters the opportunity to provide feedback about the leader’s capability in:
- Relationship management
- Working in the business and working on the business
It also targets specific strengths and behaviours for improvement to commence development planning and inform coaching interventions:
- The Engaging Leader report which combines personality and multi-rarer survey and specifically regarding the engagement capability of the leader
- The PBC Employee Opinion Survey which addresses leadership as a key component provide insight into employee opinion on leadership engagement