How do we ensure that the assessments we use are effectively defining and measuring success for a particular role in our organisation?
Using robust psychometric assessments offers a greater chance of selecting higher performing candidates than many other selection methods, such as unstructured interviews or reference checking (Schmidt & Hunter, 1998*). To ensure the assessments you choose are predictive of success for the roles in your organisation, PBC and Hogan support our clients by conducting customised research studies.
These studies validate assessments using a range of techniques including:
• Subject matter expert surveys
• Job evaluation studies
• Competency evaluation studies
• Focus groups
• Use of Hogan meta-analytic data
• Validation studies correlating assessment findings with performance metrics
PBC can also provide off-the-shelf customised report outputs for our clients, which can include fit ratings against a specific role, and customised interview questions to support the selection process.
* Schmidt, F. & Hunter, J. (1998). The validity and utility of selection methods in personnel psychology: Practical and Theoretical Implications of 85 years of research findings. Psychological Bulletin, 124(2), 262-274.